In a fast-paced work environment, a certain amount of conflict is inevitable. Conflict is not all bad - at times it motivates others to think differently and to approach situations differently. The key to working in a productive work environment is to manage conflict so it does not get to be destructive to a team.
There are two ways of dealing with conflict: "stuffing" or "resolving." Stuffing conflict happens when you don't have the time, energy, or inclination to deal with the conflict. Resolving conflict requires approaching the situation from an objective viewpoint and working through the issue with co-workers. This module will deal with proactive ways of resolving conflict.
This module includes these topics and more:
• Identify sources of conflict
• Understand the five methods of handling conflict and apply them to specific situations
• Understand your preferred mode of conflict resolution and how to adapt it, depending on the circumstances
• Use a problem-solving approach to conflicts
• Apply the Five-Step Coaching Process
• Manage anger in difficult situations
All employees could benefit from this module. The major objective is to create an awareness of situations in which conflict can arise and to address it directly.
This module can be presented with a minimum of two to four hours.
• Self Assessment: Your conflict management style
• Five approaches to conflict resolution
• Case Studies: Approaches to resolving common situations
• Application exercise: The Five Step Coaching Process
• Group discussions
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information.