Proper seating and placement of equipment is essential for avoiding pain associated with computer usage. This course examines the proper seating, lighting, arm placement and screen placement for avoiding injury. Participants will audit their own workstations and personal behaviors which can lead to injury.
This module includes these topics and more:
• Definition of ergonomics
• Possible symptoms and solutions
• Common stressors and disorders
• Managing back pain
• Modifying work stations
• Elements of healthy living
All employees could benefit from this module. The major objective is to promote the proper use of equipment to reduce the possibility of pain and injuries.
This module can be presented with a minimum of two hours.
• Self Assessment: Personal habits
• Case studies: Review common behaviors and suggest improvements
• Checklist for computer stations
• Tips for healthy living
• Conflict resolutions scenarios
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information.