Everyone dreads the performance evaluation process. All too often the evaluation is subjective, inaccurate and unsatisfying to both parties. There are several reasons for this: bias, measurement imprecision, the form itself, and variations in personal grading scales and quality standards. This module focuses on the ongoing process of providing feedback to employees and managing their performance, as well as the formal process of completing performance evaluations.
The module covers these topics and more:
• Setting goals with employees.
• Giving formal feedback to employees, concerning where they stand in terms of job expectations.
• Clarifying job responsibilities and job standards.
• Reinforcing good performance in an official way, so that others will know about it.
• Planning for career development.
All managers and supervisors can benefit from this module. The major objective is to provide practical tips and tools for setting goals, measuring performance, and writing objective performance evaluations.
This module can be presented with a minimum of two hours.
• Self Assessment: Checklist for Performance Appraisal Discussion
• Writing job-related standards
• Case studies: Drafting goals and objectives
• Evaluating personality traits
• Evaluating technical skills
• Reference to company performance evaluation systems
• Group discussions
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information.