Anyone that makes formal presentations can use some fine tuning and practice. This course focuses on developing and presenting an effective, persuasive presentation. There are exercises to develop a clear agenda, use Powerpoint effectively, handling questions and answers, and delivering a professional presentation.
In this module we will discuss the following topics:
• Planning and sequencing issues
• Positioning your argument up front
• Determining the most appropriate presentation methods
• Tips for preparing visual aids
• Speaking effectively to any size group
• Handling questions and answers
All employees responsible for making formal presentations could benefit from this module. The major objective is to plan, design, and deliver an effective presentation that persuades people to take action.
This module can be presented with a minimum of four hours, more for practice, demonstration, and feedback. Ideally, two half days should be allotted: the first session to learn the material and prepare the presentation, and the second to deliver it to other participants for feedback and pointers.
• Self Assessment: Comfort level as a speaker
• Presenting your expertise with confidence
• Practice: Ice Breakers and introductions
• Case study: Dealing with questions and answers
• Group discussions on tips and techniques
• Practice: Individual presentations
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information