Facilitating a team requires teamwork, communication, leadership, and other qualities. This module helps to define your roles and a team facilitator and how to get tasks accomplished through other professionals. This module focuses on delegating, monitoring, and tracking performance to ensure effective results.
In this module, we will explore methods of facilitating a team. These topics and more will be discussed:
• Techniques for effectively facilitating diverse groups
• Applying your authority and responsibility
• How to build consensus
• Tools to use to track and monitor progress
• Team facilitations toolkit
All employees charged with facilitating a team or project can benefit from this module. The major objective is to provide practical tips and tools for managing teams and getting work accomplished.
This module can be presented with a minimum of two hours.
• Self Assessment: Skills needed for a team facilitator
• Group dynamics case studies
• Brainstorm: How to get others to support your goals
• Hands-on practical tools, checklists, and forms
• Group discussions
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information.