Assuming a management role involves not only managing projects, people and resources, but doing it in a way that motivates and inspires team members. A team leadership role means that will be responsible for getting results through team members. Your ability to build an effective team can make the difference between success and failure. It will be your responsibility to use your power in a positive way to motivate and inspire your team members.
In this module we will explore the following topics:
• What is Leadership?
• The Difference Between Management and Leadership
• Sources of Power
• Essential Functions of a Leader
• Motivation and Inspiration
This course is designed for all supervisors and managers, particularly those who are new to management. The major objective is to create an awareness that assuming a management role means adopting new behaviors and that a manager is in that role 100% of the time.
This module can be presented with a minimum of two hours.
• Self Assessment: Inventory of Your Skills
• Exploration of leadership styles
• Drawbacks and advantages of each source of power
• Group discussion: Five essential functions of leaders
• How to get things done through other people: delegation and communication
• Summary and action items
Note: Other courses are available or can be designed based on client needs. Please contact Claremont for more information.